Other Learning Partnerships
As well as being part of St Christopher's Multi-Academy Trust our school also works closely with several other schools in the Tavistock Area. Together they form the Tavistock Co-operative Learning Trust.
The schools work closely together to ensure that there is consistency of policy and practice, to host exciting events and to ensure that the schools in the area are focused on ensuring the very best educational outcomes for our children. Below are a list of the schools in the Trust along with partner schools (including us) along with the Trust's aims and values.
Tavistock Cooperative Trust
Members of Trust include:
The University of St Mark and St John
Tavistock Chamber of Commerce
The Co-operative College
Bere Alston Primary School
Horrabridge Community Primary School
Princetown Community Primary School
Tavistock Community Primary and Nursery School
Whitchurch Community Primary School
Our partner schools include:
Lady Modiford’s C of E Primary School
Meavy C of E Primary School
St Peter’s C of E Junior School
St Rumon’s C of E Infant School
Lifton Community Primary School
Vision and Values
- We have high expectations that all children and young people are challenged and rewarded.
- Our schools are safe and nurturing places where all are respected and cared for.
- Creative and inspiring learning environments are created where all children and young people enjoy their learning and develop skills for the future.
- We listen and respond to what children and young people have to say and engage them in the leadership and direction of the school community.
- We develop trust and responsibility across the whole community.
- We create enriching partnerships locally, nationally and internationally.
- We work with the wider community to raise aspirations, self belief and educational attainment
As a group of schools we have worked co-operatively for some time as part of the Tavistock Area Learning Community (TALC). We are now in a position to make that arrangement more formal by becoming part of the Tavistock Co-operative Learning Trust.
- Be an inspiring community of learners, in and beyond the Tavistock area.
- Provide the very best teaching and learning opportunities for our children and young people.
- Aspire to raise achievement to the highest levels and challenge everyone to achieve their full potential.
- Work closely with the community to help raise aspiration and contribute fully to the life of the community.
- Draw on the inspirational context of our many innovative local businesses, entrepreneurs, futuristic thinkers, academics and the strength and experiences of the diverse family of schools.
- Transform the life-chances of every child and young person that passes through our schools, and to have a lasting impact upon the wider community as well.
- The ethos of the participating schools aligns very well with co-operative values and principles of the co-operative movement (see Appendix C).
- Co-operatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, co-operative members believe in their ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility, and caring for others.
- Co-operatives’ principles are voluntary and open membership; democratic member- control; member economic participation; autonomy and independence; education, training and information; co-operation among co-operatives; concern for community.
- These values and principles will underpin the work of the Trust and we believe will contribute to strengthening our schools and their links with the local community.